Monday, June 3, 2013

How Much Cardio?

During my cardio session today in cross trainer after my resistance training, noticed a guy next to be sweating hard doing cross trainer. I looked to his status to see his duration of 56 minutes and his heart rate in range of 140 to 145 beats.
This has led me to following questions,
Q1  Whether one hour of cardio is required even if you are endomorph for fat loss.?
Q2 What type for cardio works best ?


My recommendations

30 to 40 minutes of HIIT , 5 times a week works better. Beyond 45 mins, anerobic kicks in and may also results in injury.
I used to toggle between 75%, 85% & 95 % of Max heart rate during my cardio. HIIT also keeps me motivated rather than keeping my heart rate constant in the fat burning zone (75- 85 % Max Heart Rate)





No comments:

Post a Comment